Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Day 73 - Saturday November 14th

Salt Point SP, CA to Point Reyes, CA
62.28 miles
4:53.59 hrs
41.7 max
12.6 avg

The scenery the past couple of days has been nothing of what I expected. Most of the land up here is desert farmland. I had expected gorgeous scenery with forests to my left and cliffs on my right. Unlike my fathers stories, the coastal highway 1 doesn't even compare to the Oregon coast! Well, this was my thought at least up till today.

Today, I rode on some of the most gorgeous coastal highway that a man could possibly dream off. Words cannot explain the views that I experienced. Even pictures have a hard time expressing the feeling that goes through your body as you climb and descend 12% grades, 400 feet above the sea, 2 feet away from the edge of the cliff leading into the treacherous waters bellow, gazing over green lands, tangent to bright blue waters; all this while you are totally vulnerable to the elements and cars zooming by. What a rush!

At this point I have realized that I am not going to make it to Santa Cruz for even one day of the ultimate tournament, but I am content with that because the weather is great and I am having the time of my life making my way into SF!

No comments: